In partnership with Pathways College of Bible and Mission, Thinking Matters offers a one-year Internship where you will study and work with us in Tauranga.
Our vision for Thinking Matters interns is that they will develop a wide range of skills in producing content, running events, learning about the background work that goes into running a ministry, while being set up with a strong biblical foundation.
The New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies (NZDipCS), is a great course to help you develop in your relationship with Christ. It is an excellent combination of normal Bible College Papers, full-on ministry and great mentoring.
- Level: 5
- Credits: 120
- Method of study: full-time
- Duration: 40 weeks over two semesters
- Start date: February and July
This NZQA qualification consists of 16 hours practical supervised ministry and 16 hours a week of assignments, lectures and supervision meetings, giving a total of approximately 32 hours per week. Supervised ministry enables interns to benefit by learning from experienced leaders in a hands-on practical context within the Christian Camping Organisation.
Each intern completes the following core subjects plus an elective of their choice:
- Extended Supervised Ministry Training (Semester 2) – Designing a plan for your specific ministry: vision, values and goals.
- Supervised Ministry Training (Semester 1) – Establishing a balance between ministry, academics and spiritual formation.
BIBLICAL STUDIES FOR MINISTRY
- James – Faith in Action
- Interpreting the Bible
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- The Life of Christ Through the Gospels
THEOLOGY FOR MINISTRY
- Christian History
- Systematic Theology 1
- Systematic Theology 2
- Indigenous Theology
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Pathways engages students in a comprehensive mentoring program to support interns in their academic, spiritual and Ministry goals
STUDY FOR FREE?
The NZ Government announced on January 1, 2018 that tertiary education will be fees-free for eligible first time tertiary students – that could be you! To find out if you’re eligible for a year of free tuition, visit www.feesfree.govt.nz.
No longer Fee’s Free?
You might also be eligible for Students Loan’s or Allowances – go to StudyLink.govt.nz for more details and to apply.
Once you finish your diploma studies you can cross credit them into a full degree in Theology from Carey Baptist College, Laidlaw College or the University of Otago.
See the Pathways website (https://www.pathways.ac.nz/) for more information and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
- Apply with us! We are only accepting 1-2 interns for our inaugural internship so please fill out the application form here. To talk more with us about this Internship before application, email email@example.com
- Just like any job application, we will call references from your Resume, and shortlisted applicants will be interviews.
- The successful applicants will be invited to apply to Pathways College and to Studylink and/or Feesfree to ensure their course costs are covered, and once also accepted by Pathways, will be welcomed aboard the team!