In partnership with Pathways College of Bible and Mission, Thinking Matters offers a one-year internship. During this program, you will study through Pathways Bible College and work with us. The internship can be completed at our head office in Tauranga or in other areas in New Zealand where we have supervisors available for your placement—depending on your location within New Zealand and your skillset. This will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Our vision for Thinking Matters interns is that they will develop a wide range of skills in producing content, running events, learning about the background work that goes into running a ministry, while being set up with a strong biblical foundation.
The New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies (NZDipCS), is a great course to help you develop in your relationship with Christ. It is an excellent combination of normal Bible College Papers, full-on ministry and great mentoring.
- Level: 5
- Credits: 120
- Method of study: full-time
- Duration: 40 weeks over two semesters
- Start date: February and July
This NZQA qualification consists of 16 hours practical supervised ministry and 16 hours a week of assignments, lectures and supervision meetings, giving a total of approximately 32 hours per week. Supervised ministry enables interns to benefit by learning from experienced leaders in a hands-on practical context.
Each intern completes the following core subjects plus an elective of their choice:
- Extended Supervised Ministry Training (Semester 2) – Designing a plan for your specific ministry: vision, values and goals.
- Supervised Ministry Training (Semester 1) – Establishing a balance between ministry, academics and spiritual formation.
BIBLICAL STUDIES FOR MINISTRY
- James – Faith in Action
- Interpreting the Bible
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- The Life of Christ Through the Gospels
THEOLOGY FOR MINISTRY
- Christian History
- Systematic Theology 1
- Systematic Theology 2
- Indigenous Theology
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Pathways engages students in a comprehensive mentoring program to support interns in their spiritual and ministry goals
STUDY FOR FREE?
The NZ Government announced on January 1, 2018 that tertiary education will be fees-free for eligible first time tertiary students – that could be you! To find out if you’re eligible for a year of free tuition, visit www.feesfree.govt.nz.
No longer Fee’s Free?
You might also be eligible for Students Loan’s or Allowances – go to StudyLink.govt.nz for more details and to apply.
Once you finish your diploma studies you can cross credit them into a full degree in Theology from Carey Baptist College, Laidlaw College or the University of Otago.
See the Pathways website (https://www.pathways.ac.nz/) for more information and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
- Apply with us! We are can accept up to 6 interns for 2024 internship. Please fill out the application form here. To talk more with us about this Internship before application, email email@example.com
- Just like any job application, we will call references from your Resume, and shortlisted applicants will be interviews.
- The successful applicants will be invited to apply to Pathways College and to Studylink and/or Feesfree to ensure their course costs are covered, and once also accepted by Pathways, will be welcomed aboard the team!